Sunday 11 March 2012

Crow Footage







These are three out of... five films I recorded of crows. A couple of them are good, the others are terrible XP I didn't manage to put them all up here because vimeo has limits to how many you can do a day... which I'm sure you guys already knew :)

I was hoping they could help you Alex understand a crow walk better. I know there are some videos on youtube etc. with them but sometimes good ones are hard to find. You already said to me when I showed you them that they'll be helpful so that's good news. However, I'm still on the hunt for a good landing film, aka. when they land on a street light.

Unfortunately I've seen them, I just didn't manage a decent filming. But by observing them I have an idea of how they do it. They tend to fly lower than the top point of the streetlight before lifting their legs up and allowing their flight speed and the wind to lift them up to the top. They then regain control by quickly flapping a few times before landing. I might make a sequence of sketches from what I have seen and I'll continue to get the landing on camera.

Watch out for the Bird Watcher with the hat crows! 8]

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Thanks so much for these Jazzy, I'm downloading them from Vimeo now. The first one is excellent — great shot of the crow walking and right near the beginning it's even looking around (great reference for the head movement).

    These will definitely come in handy, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete