Sunday 22 April 2012

[Scene 00] Alternative Opening v1



I was thinking over how we can make an effective opening. Something with a little bit of difference from the camera movement we've done before. Because Andy had mentioned something about water drops falling at the corner of the barn's wall I was taken back to how 'A Bug's Life' was opened. So I researched a little bit on water ripple effects in AE and I came up with this for starters.

Here's the link to the opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrW_TTxP1ow

I like the bird flying by but I think the first bird we need to be introduced to is the crow so I didn't try with that :] There was another suggestion that Andy said and that was to pan across the barn wall and see a very dusty window before we come to the corner. And through the window's dust we barely see the Interior shot, hinting off future events. Now of course that's another idea I'd really like to use ^^

At the end is when the scarecrow will sneak around the wall before the crow joins him etc. :] I think I might need to change that reflection. I'm not sure whether it looks odd or not. I need another opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Jazzy! Minor nitpicking; I'd perhaps have the water droplet falling just a little faster, and maybe shorten the pause at the beginning before the drop falls. It's quite a long time to be looking at an otherwise motionless scene, so I would be inclined to trim it slightly or have something else going on - I like the bird idea - but I think you're right, the crow should probably be the first bird we see. :]

    Perhaps fade out the first ripple a little sooner, too, before it reaches the edge of the bucket - I like the reduction in width of the ripple as it starts to fade, but again, I think it could be just a little sooner, and maybe it could go even thinner? Just a thought!

    Also, one more thing, with the pans - again, maybe try easy ease keyframes at the beginning and end of the pan, just to soften it a little!

    Otherwise it looks really lovely so far, you've done a great job with it.. as always :] Hope I've not been too nitpicky! ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only a starter so I didn't add in effects like easy eases ^^; but don't worry I'll add them in along with your suggestions in the next version :]

      Delete
    2. ah! Sorry! I did think that might be the case so wasn't sure if I should mention it... did anyway because I like hearing the sound of my own voice. Sorry about that 8D;;

      Delete
    3. No! Don't be sorry! Reminders are always good to get ^^ It assures it gets done, Mr. Producer! ;P

      Delete